Teaching and Research Interests:
- Work groups, knowledge sharing, technology and organizational change. Current research focuses on new forms of groups, organizational linkages, and knowledge
sharing in international environments. Writings appear in many professional journals and
books. Director of the Institute for Strategic
Development, which develops strategic partnerships in Mexico, Latin America, India and South Africa.
- Methodological Issues in Measuring Group Learning
Small Group Research, Forthcoming.
(with: L. Dabbish)
- Contribution Behaviors in Distributed Environments
MIS Quarterly 32, 2008; 23-42.
(with: F. Olivera, S. Tan)
- Organizational Learning Contracts in Management Education
Academy of Management Learning & Education 7, 2008; 521-534.
(with: Gerard Beenen)
- Group Learning
Academy of Management Review 32(4), 2007; 1041-1059.
(with: Jeanne M. Wilson, Matthew Cronin)
- Social Comparison Processes in an Organizational Context: New Directions
Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 102, 2007; 109-125.
(with: Emily Haisley)
- Filmmaking and Research: An Intersection
Journal of Management Inquiry 13, 2004; 324-335.
- Latent Errors and Adverse Organizational Consequences: A Conceptualization
Journal of Organizational Behavior 24, 2003; 1-22.
(with: Rangaraj Ramanujam)
- The Role Of Temporal Structures in Facilitating Coordination in Ambiguous Conditions: A Case Study of Interactive Media Development Teams
(with: Laurie Weingart, K. Goh, Gergana Todorova)
- Organizational Learning Contracts: New and Traditional Colleges, Forthcoming, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, (2011).
- Technology Enhanced Learning: Opportunities for Change, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, Inc., (2001).
- "Creating Organizational and Technological Change"
in Paul S. Goodman (ed.) Technology Enhanced Learning: Opportunities for Change, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, Inc., (2001).
- Missing Organizational
Linkages: Tools for Cross-Level Research, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, (2000).
- Doherty Award, Educational Excellence, Carnegie Mellon University - 2009
- Fellow, Academy of Management - 2002
- Educator of the Year, Academy of Management - 2001
- Fellow, American Psychological Society - 1993
- Fellow, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology - 1992
- NSF, 1993-1994
- NRC, 1991-1997
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 1988-1994
Other Professional Activities:
- Global activities: Help build educational networks in Latin America and India; design new universities in Brazil and Singapore; create strategic educational programs in Mexico, South Africa, Singapore, etc. with governments and universities.
- Film Production: 19 educational videos used in universities nationally and internationally (See http://workvideos.com/)
- 2 documentaries - "The Dabbawallas" and "Escola de Samba" are currently on PBS stations nationally
- Organizational Change (45960)
- Seminar in Field Research (47894)
- Seminar in Group in Organizations (47896)
- Field Research Methods (47908)
[ Back ]