- The Learning Curve of Knowledge Workers in a Professional Call Center
Information System Research 23(3), 2012; 887-902.
(with: Y. Kim, R. Krishnan)
- Transactive Memory Systems: Micro Foundations of Dynamic Capabilities
Journal of Management Studies 49(8), 2012; 1375-1382.
(with: Yuqing Ren)
- Organizational Learning: From Experience to Knowledge
Organization Science 22, 2011; 1123-1137.
(with: Ella Miron-Spektor)
- Organizational Learning Research: Past, Present and Future
Management Learning 42(4), 2011; 439-446.
- Paradoxical Frames and Creative Sparks: Enhancing Creativity through Conflict and Integration
Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 216(2), 2011; 216-240.
(with: Ella Miron-Spektor, Francesca Gino)
- Transactive Memory Systems: An Integrative Framework of Key Dimension, Antecedents and Consequences
Academy of Management Annals 5, 2011; 189-230.
(with: Yuqing Ren)
- First Get Your Feet Wet: When and Why Prior Experience Fosters Team Creativity
Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 111(2), 2010; 93-101.
(with: Francesca Gino, Ella Miron-Spektor, Gergana Todorova)
- Organizational Learning: Review and Future Directions
International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2007; 193-234.
(with: Gergana Todorova)
- A Behavioral Theory of the Firm-40 Years and Counting: Introduction and Impact
Organization Science 18, 2007; 337-349.
(with: H. Greve)
- The contingent effects of transactive memory: When is it more beneficial to know what others know?
Management Science 52, 2006; 671-682.
(with: Yuqing Ren, Kathleen Carley)
- Knowledge transfer between groups via personnel rotation: Effects of social identity and knowledge quality
Organizational Behavior and Human Decisions Processes 96, 2005; 56-71.
(with: Aimee Kane, John Levine)
- Individual experience and experience working together: Predicting learning rates from knowing what to do and knowing who knows what
Management Science 51, 2005; 869-881.
(with: Ray Reagans, Daria Brooks)
- Information technology and organizational learning: An empirical analysis
Proceedings of the 25th Annual International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2004; 11-21.
(with: Michael Ashworth, Tridas Mukhopadhyay)
- Managing Knowledge in Organizations: An Integrative Framework and Review of Emerging Themes
Management Science 49, 2003; 571-582.
(with: William McEvily, Ray Reagans)
- Knowledge transfer in organizations: Learning from the experience of others
Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 82, 2000; 1-8.
(with: P. Ingram, L. Levine, R. Moreland)
- Knowledge Transfer in Organizations: A Basis for Competitive Advantage in Firms
Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 82, 2000; 150-169.
(with: P. Ingram)
- An Empirical Investigation of the Micro Structure of Knowledge Acquisition and Transfer through Learning by Doing
Operations Research 44, 1996; 77-86.
(with: Dennis Epple, K. Murphy)
- The Acquisition, Transfer and Depreciation of Knowledge in Service Organizations: Productivity in Franchises
Management Science 44, 1995; 1750-1762.
(with: E. Darr, Dennis Epple)
- Group Versus Individual Training and Group Performance: The Mediating Role of Transactive Memory
Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 1995.
(with: D. Liang, R. Moreland)
- Group Processes in Organizations: Continuity and Change
International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology 8, 1993; 333-389.
(with: J. McGrath)
- Organizational Learning Curves; A Method for Investigating Intra-plant Transfer of Knowledge Acquired Through Learning by Doing
Organization Science 2, February 1991; 58-70.
(with: Dennis Epple, R Devadas)
- The Persistence and Transfer of Learning in Industrial Settings
Management Science 36, 1990; 140-154.
(with: S. Beckman, Dennis Epple)
- Learning Curves in Manufacturing
Science 247, 1990; 920-924.
(with: Dennis Epple)
- The base-rate fallacy: Contrasting processing and outcomes of group and individual judgment
Organizational Behavioral and Human Decision Processes 46, 1990; 296-310.
(with: R Devadas, N Melone)
- Input uncertainty and organizational coordination in hospital emergency units
Administrative Science Quarterly 27, 1982; 420-434.
- Organizational Learning: Creating, Retaining and Transferring Knowledge, (2nd Edition), Springer, (2013).
- "Learning from direct and indirect experience in organizations: The effects of experience content, timing, and distribution."
in P. Paulus & B. Nijstad (ed.) Group creativity, 277-303, Oxford University Press, New York, (2003).
(with: Aimee Kane)
- "Managing Knowledge in Organizations: Creating, Retaining and Transferring Knowledge"
in Argote, L., McEvily, B., & Reagans, R. (ed.) Management Science, 49, (2003).
- "Transactive memory in dynamic organizations"
in R. Peterson and E. Mannix (ed.) Understanding the dynamic organization, 135-162, Lawrence Eribaum Associates, Mahwah, NJ, (2003).
(with: R. Moreland)
- "Intraorganizational learning"
in J. A. C. Baum (ed.) Companion to organizations, 181-207, Oxford, UK: Blackwell, (2002).
(with: Ron Ophir)
- "Group learning in organizations"
in M. E. Turner (ed.) Groups at work: Advances in theory and research, 369-411, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahway, NJ, (2001).
(with: Deb Gruenfeld, C Naquin)
- "Psychological Foundations of Knowledge Transfer in Organizations"
in Argote, L., Ingram, P., Levine, J.M. and Moreland, R.L. (ed.) Organizational Behavior and Human Design Processes Psychological, (2000).
- Academy of Management Review, 2002-
- Group Dynamics: Theory, Research and Practice, 1996-
- Journal of Applied Psychology, 2002-2003
- Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 1992-
- Journal of Organizational Behavior, 1991-1998
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1996-1998
- Management Science (Associate Editor), 1992-1995, 2003-2004
- Management Science (Departmental Editor), 1995-2002
- Organization Science (Editor-in-chief), 2004-2010
- Organization Science, 1988-1995
- Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 1991, 1995-1998