- What Determines Giving to Hurricane Katrina Victims? Experimental Evidence on Racial Group Loyalty
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, Forthcoming.
(with: Erzo Luttmer)
- What's the Monetary Value of Distributive Justice?
Journal of Public Economics 92(1), February 2008; 289-308.
(with: Giacomo Corneo)
- Evidence From an Experiment on Charity to Welfare Recipients: Reciprocity, Altruism and the Empathic Responsiveness Hyposthesis
Economic Journal 117, July 2007; 1008-1024.
- Reciprocity and the Welfare State
in Jean Mercier-Ythier (ed.), Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, and Reciprocity, 2, 2006.
(with: S. Bowles, H. Gintis)
- Social Preferences, Self-Interest, and the Demand for Redistribution
Journal of Public Economics 82, 2001; 225-246.
- Are Decisions Under Risk Malleable?
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 1999; 10927-10932.
(with: K. McCabe)
- Willingness to Pay for Justice: Evidence from an Experiment on Giving to the Poor
(with: Felix Oberholzer)
- Prospective Mobility, Fairness, and the Demand for Redistribution
- Fairness, Errors, and the Power of Competition
(with: Urs Fischbacher, Ernst Fehr)
- Which Beliefs Matter? Target-specific Beliefs versus General Beliefs and the Demand for Redistribution