Teaching and Research Interests:
- Applications of operations research, computational combinatorial optimization, applications in scheduling and distribution
Website and/or personal homepage:
- Scheduling Major League Baseball Umpires and the Traveling Umpire Problems
(with: H. Yildiz, Tallys Yunes)
- Optimizing Highway Transportation at the United States Postal Service
(with: A. Pajunas, E. Matto, Luis F. Zuluaga)
- A Benders Approach to the Constrained Minimum Break Problem
European Journal of Operations Research, 2006.
(with: R. Rassmussen)
- A Dynamic Programming Approach for Consistency and Propogation for Knapsack Constraints
Annals of Operations Research, 2004.
- Enhancing Value by Optimal Segmentation: Application to Determine Newspaper Zones
Naval Research Logistics, 2004.
(with: Anuj Mehrotra)
- Sports Scheduling
Handbook of Scheduling, J. Y-T Leung (ed), CRT Press, 2004.
(with: George Nemhauser, K. Easton)
- Constraint Programming and Hybrid Formulations for Three Life Designs
Annals of Operation Research 130, 2004; 41-56.
(with: R. Bosch)
- Constraint and Integer Programming
Constraint and Integer Programming: Toward a Unified Methodoloy, M. Milano (ed), Kluwer, 2003.
(with: M. Milano)
- Spline Approximations to Value Functions: A Linear Programming Approach
(with: Stanley Zin)
- A Schedule-and-Break Approach to Sports Scheduling
in PATAT'2000, E. Burke and W. Erben (eds.), Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2079, 2001; 242-253.
- Optimal Shift Scheduling: A Branch-and-Price Approach
Naval Research Logistics 47(3), 2000; 185-200.
(with: Anuj Mehrotra, K. Murphy)
- Scheduling a Major College Basketball Conference
Operations Research 46, 1998; 1-8.
(with: George Nemhauser)
- A Column Generation Approach for Exact Graph Coloring
INFORMS Journal on Computing 8, 1996; 344-354.
(with: Anuj Mehrotra)
- George Leland Bach Award for Excellence in the Classroom, MBA Program - 2009-2010
- Alumni Achievement Award, University of Waterloo - 2009
- Hood Fellow, University of Auckland - 2007
- Council of Outstanding Young Engineering Alumni, Georgia Institute of Technology - 1995-
- Office of Naval Research, Young Investigator Award - 1992-1995
- George Leland Bach Award for Excellence in the Classroom, MBA Program - 1991
- Operations Research (Area Editor), 2006-
- INFORMS Online (Founding Editor), 1995-2000
- INFORMS Transactions on Education (Associate Editor), 1999-
- Member, Executive Committee, Association for Constraint Programming, 2007-2009
- Vice President, North America, International Federation of Operations Research Societies, 2004-2009
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, President, 2002
- United States Postal Service
- Major League Baseball
- Atlantic Coast Conference Basketball
- Internal Revenue Service
Other Professional Activities:
- Vice President, North America, International Federation of Operation Research Societies 2004-2006
- President, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences 2002
- Director at Large, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences 1998-2000
- Statistics and Decision Making (45731)
- Statistical Decision Making (45752)
- Optimization and Decision Making (45760)
- Applications of Operations Research (45850)
- Operations Research Techniques for Consultants (45860)
- Data Mining (45863)
- 2012, Mini 5 (Section: M)
- 2011, Mini 4 (Section: A)
- 2011, Mini 4 (Section: B)
- 2011, Mini 4 (Section: E)
- 2011, Mini 4 (Section: M)
- 2010, Mini 3 (Section: A)
- 2010, Mini 3 (Section: E)
- 2009, Mini 4 (Section: A)
- 2009, Mini 4 (Section: E)
- 2009, Mini 4 (Section: M)
- 2008, Mini 3 (Section: A)
- 2008, Mini 3 (Section: E)
- 2006, Mini 4 (Section: A)
- 2006, Mini 4 (Section: E)
- Operations Research Implementations (45864)
- Business Analytics Project (45865)
- Forecasting and Data Mining (70374)
[ Back ]