Teaching and Research Interests:
- Evidence based management and decision making, psychological contracts in organizations, idiosyncratic deals and workplace flexibility, changing employment relations, human resource management and strategy, organizational culture and performance, and multilevel research methodologies.
- Idiosyncratic Deals: Coworkers as Interested Third Parties
Journal of Applied Psychology 94, 2009; 547-556.
(with: L. Lai, T. Chang)
- Evidence in Management and Organizational Science: Assembling the Field's Full Weight of Scientific Knowledge Through Syntheses
The Academy of Management Annals 2(1), 2008; 475-515.
(with: Joshua Manning, David Denyer)
- Educating Managers from an Evidence-Based Perspective
Academy of Management 6(1), 2007; 84-101.
(with: Sharon McCarthy)
- Changing the Deal and Keeping the People
Academy of Management Executive, tba.
- Is There Such a Thing as Evidence-Based Management?
Management Review, 2006.
- Psychological Contract: Understanding the Ties that Motivates
Academy of Management Executive 18, 2004; 120-127.
- Mutuality and Reciprocity in the Psychological Contracts of Employees and Employers
Journal of Applied Psychology 89, 2004; 52-72.
- Pieces of the Action: Ownership and the Changing Employment Relationship
Academy of Management Review 28, 2003; 115-134.
(with: Z. Shperling)
- Not So Different After All: A Cross Disciplinary View of Trust
Academy of Management Review 23, 1998; 1-12.
(with: S. Sitkin, R.S. Burt, C. Cammerer)
- Why Workers Still Identify with Organizations
Journal of Organizational Behavior 19, 1998; 217-233.
- Organizational Behavior in the New Organizational Era
Annual Review of Psychology 48, 1997.
- Contingent Workers in High Risk Organizations
California Management Review 39, 1997; 103-123.
(with: C. Libuser)
- Changing the Obligations and Understanding Psychological Contract
Academy of Management Journal, 1994.
(with: S. Robinson, M. Kraatz)
- The Effects of Goal Clarity, Autonomy and Prior Experience on Task Learning for MBA Interns
(with: Gerard Beenen)
- Handbook of Evidence-Based Management, New York: Oxford, in press, (2010).
- I-deals: Idiosyncratic Deals Workers Bargain for Themselves, M.E. Sharpe, (2005).
- Psychological Contracts in Employment: Cross-National Perspectives, Sage, (2000).
(with: R. Schalk)
- Relational Wealth, Oxford, (2000).
(with: C. Leana)
- The Boundaryless Career: A New Employment Principle for a New Organizational Era, Oxford, (1996).
(with: M. Arthur)
- Psychological Contracts in Organizations: Written and Unwritten Agreements, Sage, (1995).
- Lifetime Service Award, Academy of Management - 2010
- Lifetime Achievement Career Award, Academy of Management's Organizational Behavior Division - 2009
- Lifetime Achievement Award, AOM OB Division - 2009
- Best Article, Academy of Management Learning and Education - 2008
- Elected, Board Member, Society for Human Resource Management Foundation - 2008-2010
- Distinguished Scholar, Academy of Management, MOC Division - 2007
- JMI Distinguished Scholar, Western Academy of Management - 2007
- Academy of Management's George Terry Award (best management book) - 2006
- Fellow, British Academy of Management - 2005
- Best Paper OB Division, Academy of Management - 2004
- President, Academy of Management - 2004-05
- Shaw Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore - 2000
- Fellow, Academy of Management - 1997-
- Academy of Management's George Terry Award (best management book) - 1996
- National Institute for Healthcare Management Award (best article in Healthcare Management) - 1994
- Board of Governors, Academy of Management - 1994-1997
- Fellow, American Psychological Association - 1991-
- Fellow, Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology - 1991-
- William A. Davis Award (best article in Educational Administration Quarterly) - 1982
- Revue de Science Gestion, 2004-
- Journal of Vocational Behavior, 2003-
- Journal of Organizational Behavior (Editor-in-Chief), 1997-2007
- Journal of Management Inquiry, 1994-
- Strategic Human Resources (45894)
- Strategic Human Resources (45940)
- Evidence-Based Management (45941)
- Organizational Change (45942)
- Evidence Based Management (45961)
- Special Topics in Org'l Behavior and Theory (47891)
[ Back ]